20101203

melog-20101203.log

waking up today was extremely difficult to do. but, i tried really hard today. i was very sleepy and wanted to go back to sleep, but i pushed against the bed with all my will and pried myself away from it.

i got the kids ready for the bus. i determined today that i would reach towards being the man i wish i was.

that would have to begin with waking up early, and being in control of my day rather than having my day tell me what i should do.

i stood at the end of my driveway, watching my two children wait for the bus. i stood their with great pride in my kids-- and in myself for not oversleeping and getting them ready.

my wife, out of the blue, came to the garage entrance and said, "you know, you've got a beautiful stance. i've always liked your stance."

maybe for the first time in my life, i felt like a real man.

signing off now. gotta get ready for work. no excuses today.

No comments: