20101210

melog-20101210.log

well, my wife is still out. i was trying to wait up for her. for a weeknight, she's been gone a good while.

she expressed some guilt before leaving. she said she felt like she probably needed to stay home with the family and not hang out. she felt like maybe she was going to a scene where she didn't fit it-- a married woman hanging out with a single woman, looking for a catch.

i told her not to feel bad about going out tonight. everybody needs some time to enjoy themselves. but, i also told her that if she ever feels in the future that she's going out in that sort of environment, then maybe she shouldn't go.

she seemed to take that to heart.

well, i'm a bit concerned. i know we're both going to be really tired when it's time to get up and work through the day.

i gotta admit, she was looking really hot when she left-out. i told her she better not pay any attention to any people trying to get in with her.

and nowadays with people being more open about ambivalent sexuality, i have to watch out that i don't lose my wife to another man or woman!

i hope she's alright. it's late for a weeknight.

4 comments:

Nicole P said...

You are so sweet to worry about her. I bet that makes her feel special.

How have things been going? Goodness, it has been crazy. Christmas and whatnot, I guess.

Uruk said...

Hey Lion,

Yeah, I love my wife. I'd hate to see anything happen to her. But, she made it back alright. She paid for staying out late, though.

Things are OK. I joked with a co-worker that I felt like an football player who just got tackled by ten guys-- but the football is really my wallet. And, these guys are piled on top, trying to pull it out of my clutches! Everyone's got their hand out. Christmas looks lean this year, even after getting a bonus from the employer.

But, I've got my health and my family is OK. That's what's most important.

Nicole P said...

You can use this Christmas to remember the true spirit of the holiday: love, peace and family. I think a great many of us will have a lean Christmas this year. Maybe that isn't such a bad thing.

Uruk said...

You're right. A lean Christmas would do us all some good. It would be nice to one day beat the commercialized aspects of Christmas. I may not be religious any longer, but a season that makes people think about peace, kindness, and giving is all good with me.

I guess this year I was using Christmas as a barometer of my personal financial plans so far. I've miscalculated a bit. But, overall, I'm moving forward a bit.

I've already told the kids they aren't getting much. I started "preaching" that to them back in October. I don't plan to get anything big for myself and my wife is on board with trying to be frugal this year. Video games and digital music are probably the most expensive items on our list this year.