20101130

melog-20101130.log.2

wow. listening to music really helps the work day go by faster.

listen to "roll out" by ludacris a couple of times and you're ready to take on just about anything at work.

well, work is basically over. time for me to be leaving.

i had to use my lunch break to take the kids to my mom's. now i gotta go pick 'em up-- along with dinner. yeah, you guessed it, my wife works late tonight. i think either popeye or "the colonel" will be cooking us dinner tonight.

////////

uh-oh . . . i see an error in my melog below:

Nov 30 17:30:46 uruk smartd[9323]: Device: /dev/mybrother'sbrain, 2 Offline uncorrectable sectors

what does that error mean above? i'll expound upon it below . . .

my knuckle-headed brother wrote me a letter asking me to "invest" some of his money in a money making scheme. he wants me to purchase a money order (or several, if you can't purchase one that big) for a substantial amount of money and mail it to a stranger's residence that neither of us knows! This is supposed to be an "investment" towards some business venture.

what the hell?

worse, he even predicted in his letter that i would think to myself while reading it: what the hell?

i hate to treat him like a child over his own savings. but, i will feel guilty letting him piss away what little bit of savings he has left on bullshit.

he needs to clear his debt and make wise investments. that's my goal as his trustee. but he's starting to ask me to do these little things here and there that will totally bleed him dry if this becomes habit.

arrrrgggghhhh!!!!

it's like some switch went off in his brain and now he's turning into a replica of our dad.

shit . . . i hope that switch doesn't change from a 0 to a 1 inside of my brain! is this some hidden code just ticking away like a time bomb or something?? is 40 years old the activation date?!


looks like i've got a nasty emergency maintenance job that i'll have to do: talking some sense into my elder brother. this is wrong. this shit should be the other way around. he should be talking sense into me-- they way it used to be.

what gives? what the hell?

No comments: