20101122

melog-20101122.log.1

got tyson patties and mac n' cheese cooked for the kids. i'm a lazy cook. but, it's the only thing my kids will eat that i cook besides cookies, brownies or pies. i can bake sweets, but i can't cook a meal worth a damn.

well, maybe a hamburger. but, that's not really cooking. that's just turning meat over until it's done.

my wife and nephew-- now they can cook.

my kids are chowin' down now. so, they must like it at least some.

why does the water in my pot always start to brim over when i make mac n' cheese?

i don't know. but i know one thing-- nothing makes you feel more alive than a hot angry drop of boiling water popping onto the back of your hand!

i'm so glad i have a laptop now. my nephew is hogging our desktop computer right now. my wife doesn't want him on our computer, but geesh . . . man shall not live by bread alone, but should always have access to a computer and the interwebs!

i've never mentioned this before in any of my writings . . . but i have a brother who has gotten into some legal trouble and landed himself in prison. i have have alluded to it, but i've never come out plainly and said it. he's been in prison now for about a year and has four more years to go. he tried to appeal his case, but no dice. i think i could have advised his lawyers on a lot of points. i think my brother paid for bum counsel.

he had a lot going for him, but now he's potentially lost a good future. not just here and now . . . but if you project out what he'd have financially from his job and retirement, he would have done really well for himself.

i hate that for him. but, i fear he might be guilty and therefore got what was coming to him--unfortunately.

i have to take care of his financial business in the meanwhile. i have power of attorney over his affairs and i have to settle a lot of his debts on his behalf. with his money, of course. i got a letter for him at my address. i think it's a scam, so, i have the dreary business of writing him and asking him why someone sent him a check for over $1000 when he probably owes them over $2000.

ah well . . .

my son is eating at the table with me. he's talking to me while i'm creating this melog. he's telling me that he knows why the sun makes the sky look blue.

my daughter is drinking some of my cranberry juice and playing in her mac n' cheese. i guess she doesn't like it all that much after all. that's bad when a carboholic won't eat your mac n' cheese.

my washer has stopped. i guess i gotta start folding and drying.

i hate house work; house work is never done and it interferes with what i'd rather do. housework makes me feel like a damn slave.

ok . . . that's a bit harsh. but, still, i hate housework.

and yard work, too. so glad it's fall-- at least until it's time to rake the damn leaves.

oh wait . . . that's why i bought that big ass leaf blower / vacuum last year! ha, ha!

2 comments:

Nicole P said...

It is hard when we have family in trouble. My sister was charged with passing bad checks. Not writing bad checks from her bank account, but printing fake payroll checks and giving them to people and cashing them.

She was not convicted...but in my heart I have always felt she might be guilty. It is hard. I love her, but I will always wonder if she got away with stealing thousands of dollars from innocent companies.

Uruk said...

Sorry to hear about your sister. Yeah, it's tough admitting someone you love might be guilty. All his friends are so sure he's innocent. We have a mutual friend that really made me feel a bit stupid for even suggesting. But see . . . I went to his sentencing hearing and saw a lot of evidence that his lawyers never shared with me. Sorry . . . not shared-- "lied about" is the better phrase to use.

I also found a lot of documents pertaining to his case laying around my mom's house (where he lives / lived). Also, a ton information like filed dockets and motions can be found online. It's all public record. Heck . . . I even listened to the appeal arguments online! The lawyer didn't even know you could do that!

So, eventually, I found that he was in deeper trouble than he admitted at first. I was blindsided by the whole thing, too. I'm thinking he's just going to some preliminary deal . . . but he's going before the jury and was found guilty!

He did that because he didn't want us to go.

I also found online the opinion that the court issues concerning his case. The lower court was upheld. I wonder if his lawyers know about that yet? I haven't heard a word from them.

So . . . how to I treat him from here? I don't know. I think the first thing is that I'll have to find a way to firmly, but gently confront him on all of this. He's changed the dynamic of some many things. Wow. He just doesn't realize how much of a rippling effect his actions had on everyone who knows and loves him.