20101120

melog-20101120.log.0

pies are in the oven. my daughter helped. i think she had fun mixing everything. i let her help because her bother and his friend are treating her like she's a nuisance. i wanted to make up for that by letting her do something exclusive since her brother is having a opportunity to be exclusive, too.

my mother-in-law is over here at the moment. she's taking a nap because she stayed up all night, too, like me. while i was watching claymore, she was at church in a prayer shut in. she stayed up all night with other church members praying and making supplication to the lord. her mother (my kids great-grandmother) is in a nursing home that is near my current residence. so, my mother-in-law was caring for her. she's grown tired from being up all night with no sleep and stopped by our house for a nap. she came in on us making pies.

she's a very good cook herself, so it was a bit humbling to be teaching my daughter to cook a pie that i can hardly get right myself.

but, i think these will turn out much better than my last fiasco. and, i think the ones i took to work tasted good, even though i didn't really get to sample them.

my first pies came out more like the traditional egg custard pie. they are pale comparisons to chess pies and i do not like them. chess pie has something more to it. i won't tolerate any pie that claims to be a chess pie, but is missing that extra "something".

not even my own pies.

while i was getting supplied for my pie, i saw a man with a crown royal shirt on.

i didn't noticed they made those.

isn't that like saying across your shirt, "hi, i'm an alcoholic"?

i want a crown royal shirt.

don't worry . . . I've only had about 1325 milliliters of whiskey in all my life. if you think it through and do the math, you'll see that only makes a few bottles of whiskey. five u.s. cups of liquid.

i'm 35 years old. i haven't even began to start drinking, yet-- compared to someone who really knows how to drink.

and . . . i've never been truly drunk. a bit tipsy, but never drunk in my life.

so, there ya go. let's keep it that way.

No comments: