20101120

melog-20101120.log

i watched claymore until almost 04:00 this morning. awesome stuff! i'm an addict.

i slept in until about 11:30 today.

i have a pain in my back. i pulled a muscle a few years ago in that spot. i'm not so sure that's what's hurting this time. it might be my kidney or something. i may need to check that out. maybe that's why i felt sick the other day. hmmmmm . . . .

my house can go from clean to messy in 60 seconds. my nephew can cook chicken wings like it's nobody's business. but, he left a lot of mess behind. but, if someone cooks for you, i suppose you can at least clean up for them.

but, regardless of his cooking for us, the house gets messy really fast. i almost don't want to ever bother cleaning up.

my son has found a new friend down the street. he's been coming over playing xbox and nintindo games for a few weeks now. they met on the school bus. it makes sense that they would eventually become friends.

my poor little daughter doesn't seem to have any neighbored friends. but, my son just made this friend after living here for two years so far. one little girl came over to play with my daughter, but i don't think her mom was comfortable with us. i think the permanent tan that we have makes her a bit nervous. maybe she's just shy. well, her daughter isn't. i wasn't home when they came by to see my daughter-- my wife was. she seems to think the little girl's mom is just shy. no crime in that. shame though. she may be living her life beneath her privileges by living in constant shyness.

not that i'm brimming with confidence myself, or anything.

i digress. no wait . . . i cannot digress in a melog. it logs whatever i want to say.

and i wanted to say that my daughter is vying for attention right now. she's not getting any from her brother or his neighbored friend. she rides the school bus too, so she wants to be included and can't understand that she's four years younger and her mom doesn't want her hanging around a bunch of rusty, rowdy boys.

but my daughter is only five, and she can command that xbox just as well as two rowdy 9 year old boys. don't underestimate my daughter's xbox-game fu. she can play mechwarrior just as well as they can. as a matter of fact, she's schooling my son's friend as i type this. he's trying to act like he knows what he's doing, because he doesn't want a five year old girl telling him how to play a testosterone filled shooter game.

soon, i think i will go to the store. i'll take my daughter with me. we'll get some more pie ingredients and i'll let her help me make a pie while my son plays with his friend.

my daughter says that she wants to "make science". i think she really means that she wants to get her hands dirty and not get in trouble for it. i think we'll mix some left over vinegar with some baking soda and let her see what happens.

i think we found our nephews "stash" under his air mattress. i told him when he (ugh, i don't want to use the phrase) moved in with us that i don't care what he does outside of my house because i'll give him the liberty of being a grown man. he's 24 and towers me by a foot-- so, I feel awkward telling him how to live his life outside of my personal "domain", for lack of a better work from my vocabulary.

as a matter of fact, i was forewarned. so, i'm not surprised. but, i don't want him to influence my kids and i don't want him to get into trouble or bring trouble to my house.

he seems really discreet under the circumstances. i'll play it by ear. i don't think i'll let him know we know. if he realizes that i'm not too strict about this, then he may take further liberties. best he fear i'll kick him out if i found out. that way, he hopefully won't be careless and leave me with no other alternative. i'm trying to give him a hand up.

i may discuss it with him when he announces he's all set and ready to go back home.

see, his mom knows about it, so he's used to the freedom of it.

anyhow . . .

my back hurts. i hope it's not serious.

later, i'll be watching claymore hopefully. i think i'll lay off the crown for a while.

first, gotta get ready to head to the store, get pie ingredients, and spend some face time with my neglected little daughter.

No comments: